LEAGUE ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING
Date: January 12, 2009
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: TBA by Jan. 1 (Probably in Durham)
On Monday January 12th, we will be hosting a TYUL spring organizational meeting. There are many items on the agenda including:
- improving competition structure
- assisting the development and growth of new school teams and players
- providing coaching opportunities
- re-organizing the TYUL leadership/organization structure
- revamping our summer league
HIGH SCHOOL LEAGUE MEETING
Date: January 15, 2009
We're hoping to discuss and set competition schedules and work on a tournament schedule of sorts.
MIDDLE SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Date: February 7 & 8, 2009
Location: Efland, NC
Details: More information to come!
UPA LEVEL 1 COACHING CLINIC
Date: February 28, 2009
Location: TBA by January 15, 2009
We've been given a unique opportunity! The UPA (Ultimate Players Association) is holding a Coaching Clinic in our area! Registration is now available for the UPA Level I Coaching Clinic. This is an excellent opportunity for you to learn and improve your skills in coaching this sport we all love. There are two parts to this Coaching Clinic. The first part (first 4 hours of ~8 hour clinic) covers ETHICS, the second part of the Clinic is a performance workshop. Clinic details can be seen here.
- Ethics only workshop costs $45. Both workshops cost $75.
- Both workshops require that you are a member of the UPA by the day of the clinic. Please see below for new membership options!
- COLLEGE COACHES: Please read here concerning new sideline guidelines and the 2009 college national championships (you only have to take the Ethics portion to gain sideline access at Nationals):http://www.upa.org/coaches/requirements
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CLINIC YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Ethics and Performance Workshop: Details of the workshops found here.
- UPA Coaching Performance Manual (full day)
- UPA Coaching Corp disc bag from Five Ultimate (full day)
- Ultimate Fitness DVD (full day)
- Ultimate 101: Laying out the game DVD (full day)
- Access to the UPA Certified Coach Yahoogroup (full day)
- Additional team discounts from Five Ultimate (full day)
- UPA Coaching Ethics Manual (ethics only attendee)
- UPA Coaching Code of Ethics (ethics only attendee)
- UPA Coaching Corp disc from Discraft (ethics only attendee)
- UPA Coaching Corp hydro shorts from Five Ultimate (ethics only attendee)
- Breakfast (all) and lunch (full day attendees).
*If you would like, you may choose to attend only the ethics portion of the clinic (first 4 hours). The ethics portion is only $45 and it ensures that you are allowed to be on the sideline during the 2009 college championships. However, to be a UPA Level 1 Certified Coach you must take the full clinic.
UPA MEMBERSHIP http://www.upa.org/membership
The UPA has started a UPA membership that is specific to coaches. Notice, this a non-playing membership. But, if you are a player who also coaches, there is also a Coach and Player membership. To read more about these new kinds of memberships, please read here:
Coach of Memorial High School Ultimate Team 1997-
Coach of the Madison Youth Club team 2005-
Wisconsin Youth Coordinator 2003-
Tournament Director and founder of Madison Fall Classic (1998-2005), MadisonMudBath (2001-), and Wisconsin State Championship (2004-).
Coordinator of the Madison Youth league 2002-.
AGAIN, REGISTER HERE:http://www.upa.org/coaches/clinics
Send questions, via email, to email@example.com.